Remember the original Droid Incredible? It was one of the first big Android phones for HTC and Verizon two years ago. Today, the Incredible finally goes 4G. We’ve heard rumors for a while, but the third Incredible is finally here. It’s name: the “Droid Incredible 4G LTE.” Quite a mouthful, right?
The Droid Incredible 4G LTE appears to be another incremental upgrade, much like last year’s Incredible S. This time, HTC learned its lesson and has implemented 4G LTE, making the new Incredible the 23rd phone on Verizon with 4G LTE connectivity. Wisely, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and NFC have also been added.
- 4-inch “super LCD” 960×540 pixel (qHD) display with Gorilla Glass
- Android 4.0 (ICS) operating system
- 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal flash storage
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, LED flash, BSI, f/2.2 and 28 mm lens
- 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera
- Mobile Hotspot capable to share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- microSD memory card slot
- Beats Audio
- 1700mAh battery
Design-wise, the Droid Incredible 4G LTE appears to be sticking to what works. Like its predecessors, this phone has a rounded rectangle shape to it, a rubbery black shell, and red highlights. It’s probably red under the hood as well. Actually, it shares a lot of similarities with the HTC Rezound as well, which was a bit of a flop late last year. Hopefully the Incredible name will help it compete against phones like the Droid Razr Maxx and Galaxy Nexus. One thing that may help the new Incredible is its smaller size. The Razr and Galaxy Nexus are both 4.3 and 4.7-inch phones. There are a lot of women and men who may not want a phone with a screen that large (see: sales of the 3.5-inch iPhone). We can’t wait to try this one out at CTIA this week.
The Droid Incredible 4G LTE will hit Verizon in “the coming weeks.” No price has been announced.