Do your needs exceed that of a simple QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen? Do you find yourself frustrated that you don’t have another screen on which to store more icons? Well, you’re in luck, my friend. Today, the LG DoublePlay should be available in most T-Mobile stores, reports Phandroid. This slide-out QWERTY Android phone has a second touchscreen embedded in the keyboard, allowing it to do some light multitasking and provide some hot links.
On the inside, this phone isn’t exactly a powerhouse. It runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is now a year old and soon to be replaced by Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and is powered by a 1GHz single-core Snapdragon processor. The camera is 5MP and capable of 720p video recording. The big draw are the two screens, which measure 3.5 inches and 2.0 inches. Supposedly, the DoublePlay can multitask like no other. In select circumstances, you can do things like update your Facebook page while surfing the web, etc.
It will be interesting to see how useful the second screen truly is. We hope to get our hands on the phone soon.
- Key settings you need to change on your brand-new Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus
- Vital Moto Mod and Livermorium Keyboard Moto Mod hands-on review
- The best keyboards for Android will have you texting faster than a 13-year-old
- Physical keyboards live on! Here are seven QWERTY phones you can buy right now
- Razer Project Linda Preview