If you were hoping to tap out a novel with your iPad, charge it from the wall, or even protect it with a case, you’ll be out of luck immediately following the initial iPad launch on April 3. Many of Apple’s anticipated iPad accessories, including its keyboard dock, 10-watt charger, and case, will not ship until weeks or months after the first models arrive.
According to Apple’s site, the $39 iPad case will arrive in mid-April, while the $69 keyboard dock will arrive in late April, and the standalone $29 power adapter (one is included with the iPad as well) that will allow users to charge a wall outlet rather than a USB port will have to wait until May. All three are currently available for preorder.
Other accessories, including the basic dock and dock-to-VGA connector, will ship as anticipated by April 3.
- Here are the best iPad Pro keyboard cases to pick up with your new tablet
- Keep your tablet stylish and secure with one of the best iPad Pro 10.5 cases
- Here are the 12 best deals on Apple accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and Watch
- Delta bids adieu to its iPad app after sales on the interface begin to flag
- Add style and functionality with the best iPad Pro 9.7 cases