Developed by Speak With Me, VoiceDJ’s technology platform delivers 99 percent accuracy and has near immediate voice recognition response time. VoiceDJ recognizes roughly 1 million words from a person’s vocabulary and can easily handle music libraries with hundreds of thousands of entries. Unlike its competitors, VoiceDJ doesn’t require an internet connection, so users can take advantage of it anytime.
“Our new VoiceDJ app is just the first of many products based on our industry-leading Natural Language Dialog Platform that we plan to roll out in the coming years,” said Ajay Juneja, CEO and Founder of Speak With Me, Inc. “While this first app is focused on music and entertainment, future apps will be in many different verticals, including navigation, mobile search, and video games.”
Here’s how it works: Users can simply request their music in a normal tone of voice. There are no scripts to memorize since VoiceDJ uses natural language search.
Once VoiceDJ is installed, users can create playlists on the fly and control their music with a wide range of commands. Here are some examples:
- “Play ‘Pour Some Sugar On Me'” (if multiple versions of the song are found, it will load them all into a playlist).
- “I want to hear Eric Clapton” (a playlist of all Eric Clapton music will be created).
- “Add Rolling Stones to the Playlist” (all of your Rolling Stones music will be added to the current playlist)
- “Next Track”
- “Previous Track”
- “Turn it up”
- “Volume down”
The VoiceDJ app is both free and premium versions. The free version allows for 10 spoken commands a day. Premium offers unlimited use and costs $1.99. The app requires an iPhone 3GS or higher, or a 4th Generation iPod Touch running iOS 4.2 or higher. Download it here.
- How to share a Spotify playlist with your friends, family, and the world
- The best music apps for iOS and Android
- Apple Music vs. Spotify: Which service is the streaming king?
- Say bonjour to new Google Assistant voices in a wider variety of languages
- How to connect Spotify to Alexa