If laughter is the best medicine, Steve Jobs must be feeling a lot better now. He’s officially on medical leave from Apple, of course, but he has to be happy at the first quarter figures for his company, reported yesterday.
The rest of the world might be in a recession, but Apple posted net profits of $1.21 billion for the first quarter of 2009, up 15% over the $1.05 figure for the same time last year, while sales rose 8.7% to $8.16 billion.
Apple’s shares went 2.5% higher in after-hours trading.
- The 90 best movies on Hulu right now
- Apple iPhone 12, upcoming 13 may soon comprise one-third of all 5G shipments
- There’s a reason this Apple II manual auctioned for nearly $800K
- Apple’s iPhone 12 powers tech giant to another blowout quarter
- Apple sold a whopping $48 billion worth of iPhones in just three months