According to photos posted by zero2turbo, Abu Dhabi has drafted the $3.4 million Hypersport into its police force. High-performance cop cars are actually more common than you might think, but this vehicle is on completely a different level.
Made by luxury manufacturer W Motors, the Hypersport is the third most expensive car ever made, and with only seven examples planned, it’s one of the most rare. It features diamond-encrusted headlights and an interior straight out of Star Trek, and as we saw in Furious 7, it’s pretty good at smashing through skyscrapers too.
Powered by a 3.7-liter, twin-turbo flat-six that makes 770 hp and 708 pound-feet of torque, the two-door can accelerate from 0 to 62 mph in just 2.8 seconds before reaching its top speed of 240 mph. With specs like that, even the quickest criminals in the UAE are going to have a tough time getting away.
Abu Dhabi Police recently added a Rolls-Royce Phantom to its fleet as well, which may have been a move to keep up with the 5-0 from neighboring Dubai.
As the UAE’s most populous city, Dubai’s police force has quite the stable of its own. While most of its vehicles are used for public relations and marketing, the light bar-equipped Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GT-R, Audi R8, Ferrari FF, and McLaren MP4-12C are intimidating nonetheless. The Dubai Police also has a Mercedes SLS-AMG, Mercedes G63 AMG, BMW i8, and Aston Martin One-77 at its disposal.
We don’t know about you, but we won’t be speeding in the Middle East any time soon.
- GM recalls 3.4 million pickup trucks and SUVs over faulty brakes
- Audi's newest forbidden fruit is the 367hp RS Q3 performance
- Porsche reveals new 911 GT3 R Racecar with 500 horsepower heart, $500k price tag
- Mercedes-AMG’s GT3 racecar employs 6.3-liters of free-breathing V8 muscle
- Aston Martin’s Vantage GT3 special edition goes hardcore with lightened bodywork and 592 hp