While the area is commonly associated with vampires and other blood-sucking creatures, our eyes are drawn to Transylvania for a slightly more mechanical reason this year. That’s because to celebrate Halloween, Audi is going on a high-speed tour of the region with two of its most beastly creations — the RS 7 Performance and the R8 supercar. It just so happens that the cars will be driving on the Transfagarasan Highway, which was coined “the best road in the world” by old Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson. After a quick look at the photos, it’s hard to argue with him.
As for the vehicles themselves, it’s hard to pick a better duo from Audi’s stable to carve up the world’s best road. Both cars produce over 600 horsepower (the R8 V10 Plus makes 610 hp while the RS 7 churns out 605 hp), and both are fitted with Quattro all-wheel drive to keep a tight grip on the Transylvanian tarmac. We’d kill for a chance to take the laser-focused 2017 TT RS for a spin as well, but hey, there’s always next year.
The brand is making a number of stops throughout its Transylvanian tour, including the city of Sighisoara where Vlad Dracula was born. You can follow along on Audi’s social media channels, including Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter, and there should be plenty to witness. Happy Halloween!
- 2023 Audi Q4 E-Tron first drive: the predictable and traditional EV SUV we need
- Gran Turismo 7 features a museum for car history buffs
- Audi GrandSphere concept shows how autonomy opens new design avenues
- Audi’s SkySphere electric roadster has shape-shifting superpowers
- Watch this RC car skip across water in record-breaking ride