Imagine streaming music in your house and when you get up to leave that same music starts up in your car. That is exactly what the Ford Evos concept car is aiming to do. But of course, streaming music from your home to your car isn’t the only futuristic feature this plug-in hybrid has to offer. In addition to media streaming, the Evos will be able to communicate with the cloud and other mobile devices like your cell phone, heat or cool the interior prior to entering the vehicle. The concept cars will also automatically close the garage door as you pull out of your drive way. Forget to turn off the lights? The Evos could do that too.
The exterior of the car features a sexy coupe style with gull-wing doors and is powered by a 2.0 liter Atkinson cycle gasoline engine in conjunction with an electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack. Ford has scheduled to unveil the Evos to the public at Frankfurt Motor Show this month and while the Evos is not intended for production, Ford has announced that the design strategy showcased in the Evos will appear on production cars in a few months.
- Ford will build a mini pickup truck slotting below the Ranger
- Ford’s Mustang-inspired electric crossover will spawn a Lincoln luxury version
- The 2020 Ford Explorer fights flat tires with self-sealing tech from Michelin
- 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 is ready to strike with over 700 hp
- Ford aims to impress cops, frighten criminals with hybrid police SUV