Imagine streaming music in your house and when you get up to leave that same music starts up in your car. That is exactly what the Ford Evos concept car is aiming to do. But of course, streaming music from your home to your car isn’t the only futuristic feature this plug-in hybrid has to offer. In addition to media streaming, the Evos will be able to communicate with the cloud and other mobile devices like your cell phone, heat or cool the interior prior to entering the vehicle. The concept cars will also automatically close the garage door as you pull out of your drive way. Forget to turn off the lights? The Evos could do that too.
The exterior of the car features a sexy coupe style with gull-wing doors and is powered by a 2.0 liter Atkinson cycle gasoline engine in conjunction with an electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack. Ford has scheduled to unveil the Evos to the public at Frankfurt Motor Show this month and while the Evos is not intended for production, Ford has announced that the design strategy showcased in the Evos will appear on production cars in a few months.
- The snake escapes: Ford’s 700-hp Mustang GT500 slithers online ahead of schedule
- Gateway’s born-again Ford Bronco boasts classic style, 2018 muscle car power
- Ford buys scooter-sharing service Spin as it looks to expand beyond cars
- Ford wants to avoid chaos by teaching all self-driving cars a common language
- Behind the Wheel episode 5: Brit rocker takes a spin in a ’48 Ford convertible