Imagine streaming music in your house and when you get up to leave that same music starts up in your car. That is exactly what the Ford Evos concept car is aiming to do. But of course, streaming music from your home to your car isn’t the only futuristic feature this plug-in hybrid has to offer. In addition to media streaming, the Evos will be able to communicate with the cloud and other mobile devices like your cell phone, heat or cool the interior prior to entering the vehicle. The concept cars will also automatically close the garage door as you pull out of your drive way. Forget to turn off the lights? The Evos could do that too.
The exterior of the car features a sexy coupe style with gull-wing doors and is powered by a 2.0 liter Atkinson cycle gasoline engine in conjunction with an electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack. Ford has scheduled to unveil the Evos to the public at Frankfurt Motor Show this month and while the Evos is not intended for production, Ford has announced that the design strategy showcased in the Evos will appear on production cars in a few months.
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will return in 2019, packing over 700 horsepower
- 2019 Ford Ranger pickup aims to make up lost ground with a dose of tech
- Ford OjO Commuter Scooter might be the smallest vehicle to wear the Blue Oval
- How some of the best Fords of all time shaped automotive history
- Ford is helping you drive more safely with its Ford Co-Pilot360 system