Well, here we go again. Yet another electric car we’re dying to have: the Renault Twizy F1.
It sounds like a stupid idea, really. Who on Earth would take a small urban crawler and add some F1 bits to it? The French, naturally.
With the KERS system, the Twizy F1 makes some 100 horsepower, according to Motor Authority. The result looks – as you can see from the YouTube video – rather exciting.
The unshaven young man you see driving the Twizy F1 is none other than infamous three-time F1 World Champion driver Sebastian Vettel.
We here at Digital Trends, as we’re sure you now realize, are big fans of both EVs and F1 racing. Combining the two is like putting us on cloud nine.
We know we’ll never see the Twizy F1 here in the States but the idea is enough to make us feel all fuzzy on the inside. Here’s a closer look:
- The procrastinator’s guide to New Year’s Eve party ideas
- Electric Tesla pickups are coming right after more crossovers
- Design informs innovation with the Nissan IMx Concept
- WhatsApp users are experiencing New Year’s Eve outages
- As pressure builds, Apple says sorry and offers $29 battery replacements