What you buy is important. You’ll want a system that is quick enough and portable enough, but also affordable on your budget which, since you’re a student, likely isn’t that large. It’s a tough choice to make, and recent advances in tech have actually made it harder. Now, students have to pick between not only desktops and laptops, but also Chromebooks and tablets, which can be argued to have their own place in a student’s backpack.
There’s no simple answer to the question of what you should buy, but if you know what you want to do with your back to school PC, you should be able to pick the right one. We’ll help you out on this week’s Close to the Metal.
Close to the Metal is a podcast from Digital Trends that takes a deep dive into computing and PC gaming topics. Each show, we’ll focus in on one topic, and leave no stone unturned as we show off the latest in hardware and software. Whether it’s the latest GPU, supercomputers, or which 2-in-1 you should buy, we break down the complicated jargon and talk about how user experience is affected in the real world. Please subscribe, share, and send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We broadcast the show live on YouTube and Facebook at 10 a.m. Pacific / 1 p.m. Eastern, every Tuesday.
- Best Buy is practically giving away the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop Go
- Best Buy is practically giving away this 55-inch 4K TV today
- Google Nest vs. Ring: Who has the better video doorbells?
- We can’t believe how cheap this 70-inch 4K TV is at Walmart today
- These Apple products just got a huge price cut — but hurry!