This year, it looks like online retailers are making a serious play for your business. As Black Friday and Cyber Monday are rapidly approaching, Groupon is beating them to the punch and beginning Grouponicus celebrations a little early. Announcing its own holiday complete with a mascot (Groupo the Bargain Bird), the daily coupon site is ready to compete with the likes of eBay, Amazon, and Google Product Search for your gift shopping this year. Multiple deals will be announced daily, at 50- to 90-percent savings. And Groupon is extending the 24-hour time limit on them, making all Grouponicus deals available for three to five days.
Daily deals will continue, however, so if you’re already a subscriber, the daily e-mail you get from Groupon will continue to be available for one day.
Aside to the disturbing Bargain Bird (a snake for a tail? Really?), Grouponicus is definitely worth checking out every couple days for your holiday shopping. There will be local as well as national deals (Rihanna’s new album is available today for half price) for the next five weeks, so you are able to find gifts for everyone on your list, no matter their residence.
- The best Black Friday stores compared: Amazon, Walmart, and more
- The best time to buy appliances (and the worst)
- Cyber Monday 2018: When it takes place and where to find the best deals
- Black Friday 2018: When it happens and where to find the best deals
- Bird will deliver one of its electric scooters straight to your door