First there was the Van Halen concert that sold out in 18 minutes in 2004. Then there was the PlayStation 5. Now the GeForce RTX 4090 is the latest hot thing to get snatched up by scalpers and resold at exorbitant prices, sometimes as high as double its retail price.
No joke. This massive GPU was already the most expensive card ever, with a retail price of $1,599. It sold out the day Nvidia released it, of course, and then quickly began appearing on eBay for prices ranging from $2,500 to $4,250. People are actually paying these prices, too.
The majority of the RTX 4090 listings on eBay are closed within moments of getting posted. This is similar to what happened when the
The Nvidia GeForce
Some of the lower-priced
All this was something we were hoping to avoid this time around, and we still have optimism that the market will settle back to normal quickly. Either way, it’s best to wait it out until some of the hype around the launch dies down.
- Nvidia RTX 4060 Ti vs. RTX 4070: comparing Nvidia’s midrange GPUs
- Not even Nvidia’s RTX 4090 can handle Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
- Oops — Nvidia has just accidentally revealed a brand new GPU
- RTX 4090 connectors are melting again, and this time there’s a major change
- We now know the eye-watering price of Nvidia’s RTX 4090 gaming laptops