This year’s holiday shopping season has pushed 4K monitor prices to the floor. Acer’s 28″ B286HK hit $349 on black Friday and several displays are now available with an base MSRP between $450 and $600, putting them in a range at least some will tolerate.
Turning on a 4K monitor is a striking experience if you’re used to 1080p, but there are still problems. Window’s scaling isn’t entirely up to the task and even the quickest video cards struggle to power games at 3840 x 2160. There’s also some of who are satisfied enough by their old 1080p or 1440p and don’t see increased resolution as a compelling reason to open their wallets.
What about you? Are you going 4K, or are you happy with what you have?
In addition to your vote, leave a comment detailing why you will or won’t go 4K this holiday. The best comment will receive our goodwill – and be featured in next week’s poll!
- Check out the best Green Monday deals for those last-minute gifts
- Here’s every game you’ll want to play in 4K HDR on the PS4 Pro
- The best 4K content available right now
- A.I. rocks? It does when you power up the Google Home MAX smart speaker
- Black Friday wasn’t the end, check out the best Cyber Week tech deals