There’s a fine line between genius and insanity, and in our experience, the best ideas are oftentimes the ones that straddle it. Case in point: this video of a couple kids who thought it’d be a good plan to strap a bunch of fireworks to a quadcopter drone.
The story goes that the guys at Pierogram were staying at a cottage this past summer when, after a few beers, the two decided to mount some roman candles on a drone to create a sort of live-action first-person gunship game in the backyard.
Stupid? Absolutely. But it’s the same kind of stupid that made Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera millionaires, and we’ve gotta admit it’s pretty damn entertaining to watch these idiots frantically try to avoid an aerial assault.
Thankfully they had the good sense to wear helmets during the whole encounter, which probably saved one of them a trip to the hospital (wait for the headshot!).
- Best cheap drone deals for March 2021: DJI, Potensic, Holy Stone and more
- Meet the startup that transports human organs via drone
- I crashed the DJI FPV drone the first time I took it for a spin
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Taskmaster Challenges guide
- The best comedies on Netflix right now