The 20th Anniversary edition of Eric Chahi’s classic rotoscoped platformer Another World appears to be making its way to an assortment of platforms at some point, according to ratings posted on Germany’s USK website (via NeoGAF). Think of the USK as Germany’s equivalent to the United States’ own ratings bureau, the ESRB.
The listings point to planned releases on just about every platform you can imagine: Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox One. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 is conspicuously absent, but there’s no reason to believe that it absence is anything more than an oversight. That is, of course, assuming the listings are accurate to begin with.
Another World (originally released in the U.S. as Out of This World) received a 15th anniversary release on PC in 2007, with extra content loaded into it. A 20th anniversary edition from BulkyPix followed in 2011 for iOS, and that version later made its way to Android in 2012 and Steam in 2013. Assuming the USK listings are accurate, it’s this most recent version that will be coming to the new platforms.
The ratings don’t offer any indication of release timing, and there aren’t any similar ESRB listings to suggest that a U.S. release is in the works. We’ve reached out for comment, so stay tuned for more.
- ESRB to place new label on all titles with in-game purchases
- Legendary role-playing game ‘Chrono Trigger’ is now available on PC
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- The best demos, betas, and free-to-play games you can try this weekend
- How to mirror your smartphone or tablet on your TV