Consider this a rumor–it comes from anonymous sources, and leaked photos that could easily be photoshopped. And yet there does seem to be a ring of truth to it. Namco Badai’s SoulCalibur series is somewhat famous for including characters from other properties as guest combatants. Previous guests have included Zelda’s Link, Tekken’s Heihachi and Darth Vader to name a few, so it is expected the upcoming SoulCalibur V would also feature a guest fighter or two. The only question is who.
According to a source that wishes to remain anonymous, that guest character is Ezio Auditore from Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed series. The source confirmed this to Joystiq and also released an image to support the claim.
Now, pictures can be faked and anonymous sources should be viewed with a touch of skepticism. But how cool would it be to run up to Maxi and hit him with the hidden blade?
No official announcement on any guest characters has been made yet, so we’ll just have to wait and see if this proves true or not. SoulCalibur V will hit the PS3 and Xbox 360 on January 31, 2012.
- The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia to appear in ‘SoulCalibur VI’
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Oh, it’s that guy! You know these actors’ faces, we’ll tell you their names
- Editor of Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary on what makes her a supreme icon