Late night talk show host Conan O’Brien returns with another segment of Clueless Gamer, continuing with his shtick that gamers are basement dwellers who know more about characters in video games than U.S. presidents. It’s all in good fun though, and hilarity is the order of the day as Conan tackles an early demo of Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Joined as always by Aaron Bleyaert, “the biggest nerd on staff” who takes the brunt of Conan’s gamer ridicule, the two sample a few characters and stages from the game and Conan cracks jokes at the expense of some of Nintendo’s most beloved characters.
Conan’s complete lack of knowledge of video games, as implied by the title of the segment, leads to some great pieces of comedy. Highlights include likening Marth from Fire Emblem to singer/actor Jared Leto, the observation that the anemic and eyeless Wii Fit Trainer needs to get outside because you can tell by her skin she is totally vegan, and even offering life advice like making sure to bring a flower to a street fight.
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ is coming to Nintendo Switch with the Inklings in tow
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ and ‘Splatoon 2’ DLC lead a crammed Nintendo Direct
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- ‘Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite’ is now part of the Xbox Play Anywhere program