Late night talk show host Conan O’Brien returns with another segment of Clueless Gamer, continuing with his shtick that gamers are basement dwellers who know more about characters in video games than U.S. presidents. It’s all in good fun though, and hilarity is the order of the day as Conan tackles an early demo of Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Joined as always by Aaron Bleyaert, “the biggest nerd on staff” who takes the brunt of Conan’s gamer ridicule, the two sample a few characters and stages from the game and Conan cracks jokes at the expense of some of Nintendo’s most beloved characters.
Conan’s complete lack of knowledge of video games, as implied by the title of the segment, leads to some great pieces of comedy. Highlights include likening Marth from Fire Emblem to singer/actor Jared Leto, the observation that the anemic and eyeless Wii Fit Trainer needs to get outside because you can tell by her skin she is totally vegan, and even offering life advice like making sure to bring a flower to a street fight.
Super Smash Bros. Wii U will release during the holiday season this year. For more info on the game check out our E3 coverage here, here, and here.
Also, check out Conan playing Watch Dogs, and you can find other Clueless Gamer videos at teamcoco.com
- The 7 most powerful characters in The Super Mario Bros. Movie, ranked
- Before the Wii U eShop closes, pick up the best Zelda remaster ever
- Forget the haters, The Super Mario Bros. Movie actually looks awesome
- Bowser attacks in The Super Mario Bros. Movie’s first trailer
- Lego Brawls pushes the boundaries of what a Smash Bros. clone can be