Last month, Sony Online Entertainment announced plans to drop the monthly subscription fee for DC Universe Online, the MMORPG featuring a massive roster of DC Comics heroes and villains. Well, the free-to-play moment has finally arrived… or rather, it will arrive in just a few days.
In a live webcast that occurred yesterday, Sony set November 1 as the day that DC Universe Online will switch over to a tiered system that — at its lowest level — would allow free play in the game’s superhero-themed universe.
As we reported previously, the new system will feature three different tiers for non-subscribers and those who continue to pay the monthly $14.99 fee, with the latter receiving the highest level of access to downloadable content and abilities. Non-subscribers will be assigned a tier based on their willingness to fork over money for in-game bonuses, additional equipment slots, and DLC.
You can find out more information about the tiers at the DC Universe Online website.
- Paid Nintendo Switch Online service is now planned for September launch
- Internet services are selling water to Cape Town residents facing Day Zero
- U.S. Copyright Office considering exemption for abandoned online games
- Binge away with our guide to the best on-demand streaming services
- How to watch the 2018 NBA playoffs online