One lucky Nintendo fan recently purchased a defective Samus Aran Amiibo figure, which features two arm cannons, at Best Buy, and has just sold it on eBay for $2500. That’s a whopping 19,231-percent increase over the $13 he paid for it originally.
The seller first shared his find on Reddit, which garnered a lot of attention. The immediate buzz that the defective Samus received is what pushed him to sell it right away, as he described to Gamespot: “I was considering hanging on to it to sell at a later date if the value did increase. However, with the high level of interest shown at the time when I posted it, I thought I’d go ahead and sell it now in case the value went down or a whole tub of them was discovered at a later date.”
Nintendo’s first Amiibo figurines launched on November 21 alongside Super Smash Bros. Wii U. The near field communication-powered toys are similar to Skylanders or Disney Infinity figures, only they interact with a variety of Nintendo games on the Wii U and 3DS, such as Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8.
- Report names Bandai Namco as the developer behind ‘Metroid Prime 4’
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ is coming to Nintendo Switch with the Inklings in tow
- Nintendo filed a patent for a curious trading card set that uses Amiibo tech
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’