Evolve, the anticipated co-op first person shooter from Left 4 Dead developer Turtle Rock, will be making its way to the Xbox One first by way of beta. The information on exclusive content came to light as part of a new trailer for the game shown during Microsoft’s E3 press conference.
Xbox One owners will get their hands on the game before anyone else thanks to the exclusive multiplayer beta on the Microsoft console. They will also enjoy a timed exclusive DLC release. New Evolve content will live on the Xbox One first. The arrangement appears similar to the one Microsoft has for the Call of Duty series.
The title will pull from Turtle Rock’s bag of tricks developed during its Left 4 Dead days, and incorporates cooperative and competitive multiplayer elements. Evolve will be set in an alien world in the distant future. Players will work together to take down a large alien monster, controlled by a fifth player who will attempt to eliminate the party of humans. The monster shown off in the E3 trailer was equipped with long, slashing tentacles and 4 eyes, one for each player it aimed to destroy.
Despite the Xbox One exclusive content, Evolve will have a universal platform release, coming available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on October 21, 2014.
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows
- New ‘Monster Hunter: World’ patch fixes multiplayer issues on Xbox One
- Here are 8 games we think might get delayed in 2018