Updated 4-21-2016 by Lulu Chang: Exploding Kittens is now available on Android
Effectively a form of Russian Roulette, players draw cards from the delightful deck, trying to avoid the Exploding Kitten card. If this fateful card is selected, the player who drew it “explodes” and is forced out of the game — unless, of course, he or she is in possession of a defuse card that will allow you to place the Exploding Kitten back into the master deck.
But now, you don’t need a physical deck in order to take advantage of all the fun to be had with Exploding Kittens. Rather, for $1.99, you can download the app and play anytime, anywhere. The app allows for “local multiplayer gameplay with two to five players across multiple phones,” but sorry, super fans: You can’t actually play across the Internet. That said, if you and your friends want to connect your iPhones by way of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, you can play together to your hearts’ content.
You also have the option of purchasing an NSFW version of the game, and the digital version does have a few additional features that the original card game lacks. So if you’re looking for your next great game night adventure, look no further than the Apple App Store.
Previously updated on 1-23-2016 by Lulu Chang: Exploding Kittens becomes top paid application in the Apple App Store.
- Meta wants you to use its creepy Portal as a secondary monitor
- Facebook Messenger finally starts testing end-to-end encryption for all chats
- I tried OxygenOS 13, and it’s everything I feared it would be
- I’ve used an iPhone since 2007, but the Galaxy Z Fold 4 makes me want to switch
- Spotify app update finally lets you separate your music and podcasts