The latest Clueless Gamer segment from Conan O’Brien features Ubisoft’s newly released Assassin’s Creed Unity. As always, Conan pokes fun at the gaming conventions we’ve all come to take for granted, like prosaic tutorial missions and the ability to take your sweet time during ostensibly taut action sequences.
Unlike our reviewer, Conan actually seems to like this one quite a bit. He gawks at the graphics throughout the video, and relishes the sword fighting, for which he shows a surprising knack given his usual performance in these videos.
He does, however, hone in on that odd convention that transcends games where Europeans in translation all speak with British accents. The game is set in Paris, after all. Otherwise he plucks a few low-hanging jokes about French body odor and attitudes, and takes some jabs at the game’s duller missions.
“Why would we do [a huge assassination mission] when we can collect receipts and get involved in theatrical labor disputes?”
Assassin’s Creed Unity is out now for PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One. You can check out more delightful Clueless Gamer videos at Team Coco’s website.
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ will soon offer New Game+ mode
- Have cash to spare? Pick up this $500 Assassin’s Creed figurine
- ‘Far Cry 5’ brings back the series’ map editor, and it’s deeper than ever
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows