Hugh Laurie has joined his long-time comedy partner Stephen Fry in the cast of LittleBigPlanet 3. Announced on the PlayStation Blog, Laurie will play Newton, the villainous counterpart to Fry’s dulcet narrator. The cast also includes British actors Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead) and Simon Greenall (I’m Alan Partridge), and video game mainstays Nolan North (Uncharted games, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor) and Tara Strong (Batman: Arkham games, Final Fantasy X).
Though most Americans have come to know Laurie as Dr. House, in his native England he is beloved as a comedian. Fry and Laurie have a comedic partnership that goes back for decades in shows like Blackadder and their eponymous A Bit of Fry and Laurie.
Related: LittleBigPlanet 3 review
The same Sony update also teased the return of other voices from previous entries in the series, but gave no particulars. LittleBigPlanet 3 arrives on November 18 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- ‘Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’ headlines January’s free PlayStation Plus games
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One