The plot revolves around the 12th Doctor (Capaldi) being defeated, but then returning as the first Doctor again, regenerating through all of the intermediary Doctors until he becomes 12 again. It wouldn’t truly be Doctor Who without is iconic TARDIS, and its interior design will apparently correspond to the Doctor’s current incarnation. Inside you can find a jukebox that plays various versions of the Doctor Who theme music.
Doctor Who is playable in the Lego Dimensions Starter Pack, along with a level featuring some of his iconic villains, the Daleks and the Cybermen. The Doctor Who level pack adds an additional level and comes with a 12th Doctor minifig and physical models of the TARDIS and K-9, which can be brought into the game. There is also a Doctor Who fun Pack, which comes with a playable Cyberman minifig and a Dalek model.
You can get a taste of the action in the trailer above. True to form, the Doctor thoroughly confuses Wyldstyle, Gandalf, and Batman by explaining to them that he has already met them, but they have not yet met him in their timelines. Other highlights of briefly glimpsed action include The Doctor and Homer Simpson being tested in an Aperture Science lab and riding a spooky mine car with Scooby Doo an Shaggy.
Lego Dimensions will arrive on September 27 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U.
- First baby born using a womb transplanted from a deceased donor
- ‘Star Is Born’ ear doctor tells us how to avoid Jackson Maine’s hearing issues
- Still have money in your Flexible Spending Account? Head to the FSA online store
- This smart thermometer takes your temperature while its maker sells your data
- Google Translate updated to reduce gender bias in its translations