Take heed, prospective game designers, for Epic Games is here to help you. The relatively recently released Unreal Engine 4 is a powerful gaming engine that can assist anyone to make next-gen looking games. Well, almost anyone. For as user friendly as the tools are, there is still a steep learning curve for those that don’t already know what they are doing.
For those with the inclination and/or the patience to try game design, Epic has released a closer look at how to use the Unreal Engine 4 to create visual effects. This video is the second released under the “Inside the Unreal” series, which kicked off with a brief look at designing character aesthetics.
From lens flares to dust motes, the engine is designed to make the lives of developers easier. Check it out and look for more videos in the series coming soon.
- Mazda plans to make the most of gas by burning less with Skyactiv-X
- Drug testing could get a boost from MIT’s ‘body on a chip’
- 7 Exotic technologies that were once science fiction, but now exist in reality
- Why Volkswagen is returning to rear-engined cars after a long hiatus
- Blue Origin is working on the BE-4, a rocket engine that can launch 100 missions