UPDATED: We heard back from Microsoft and the Xbox Live Gold sale won’t be running as long as we were initially led to believe. The sale ends on February 28, 2015. Here’s confirmation straight from a company spokesperson:
“This is a special promotion offered by Microsoft stores in the U.S. lasting until Feb. 28, 2015. Microsoft sets a suggested retail price, but specific pricing and offers vary by retailer. Check with your local retailer for details on their Xbox Live offerings.”
ORIGINAL POST: Xbox Live Gold subscriptions now cost $40 for a full year, a $20 reduction from the previous $60 fee. You can see the new price for yourself and take advantage of it right now in the Microsoft Store.
There’s no indication on the product page of whether or not this is a limited time sale, or how long said sale is happening. We used the website’s live chat feature to ask a sales specialist that very question and were informed that “this is just a sale that we have going on.” There’s no end date so, “so it will be going on for a while.”
We’ve gone ahead and reached out to our own contacts at Microsoft for further clarification, but it sounds like you’ll have some time to take advantage of this one.
- Check out the best Xbox One deals and bundles for May 2018
- 5 Memorial Day sales that might have slipped under your radar
- REI Anniversary Sale: Up to 30% off Garmin, Patagonia, The North Face, and more
- Here are the best Memorial Day sales for brand-name home appliances
- A library at your fingertips: The 100 best free Kindle books