This video right here offers up a first look at NBA Live 15‘s gameplay. It’s more in the vein of a highlight reel than raw footage, with cinematic angles and shots meant to capture the thrill of professional basketball’s money moments.
EA Sports revived its presence in virtual pro basketball with the 2013 release of NBA Live 14. While the game showed some promise as a foundation that EA Tiburon can build on, it ultimately felt too similar, and too inferior, to 2K’s competition.
The good news is, even then, EA’s devs recognized the long road ahead for the NBA Live series, and there’s every reason to expect some improvements in this year’s iteration. Will it be enough to unseat a long-dominant competitor with more consecutive years of annual releases behind it? That remains to be seen. Check out the trailer let us know what you think.
- The best multiplayer games on Nintendo Switch (July 2020)
- The best Xbox One games for July 2020
- The best free PlayStation 4 games available today
- Take-Two CEO: Hurricane Sandy helped us prepare for coronavirus pandemic
- This could be the last time EA gets an NFL exclusive deal