This video right here offers up a first look at NBA Live 15‘s gameplay. It’s more in the vein of a highlight reel than raw footage, with cinematic angles and shots meant to capture the thrill of professional basketball’s money moments.
EA Sports revived its presence in virtual pro basketball with the 2013 release of NBA Live 14. While the game showed some promise as a foundation that EA Tiburon can build on, it ultimately felt too similar, and too inferior, to 2K’s competition.
The good news is, even then, EA’s devs recognized the long road ahead for the NBA Live series, and there’s every reason to expect some improvements in this year’s iteration. Will it be enough to unseat a long-dominant competitor with more consecutive years of annual releases behind it? That remains to be seen. Check out the trailer let us know what you think.
- The best multiplayer games on Nintendo Switch
- The best upcoming Nintendo Switch games
- The best Sega Genesis games of all time
- NBA2K outgrows the shadow of the NBA ahead of the series’ next-generation launch
- The best free PlayStation 4 games available today