After a record breaking cinematic opening for the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens, EA’s Battlefront looks to follow the hype with a new wave of DLC. Capturing the essence of the worldwide blockbuster, players can traverse through two new maps taken straight from the new movie, as well as play-through one new game mode for free. While many have deemed Star Wars Battlefront to be a little too simple for intense gamers, The Battle of Jakku attempts to build more depth into the gameplay experience. Is it enough to solidify it’s position on the market as one of the season’s best releases?
In this video, avid gamer Joshua Smith goes hands-on with the new Battle of Jakku DLC to bring a look at both of the new maps as well as what the new mode “Turning Point” is all about. Capture and defend zones from the Imperials and traverse through the “Graveyard of Giants” and “Goazan Badlands” in the title’s first set of DLC. Find out if it will be enough to make you grab your controller and join the battle in this quick video review.
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ patch introduces explosive new game mode
- Upcoming VR game ‘Beat Saber’ is basically Guitar Hero with lightsabers
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- Darth Vader is just as menacing in pink in ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ mod
- Waymo jumps into the high-tech truck competition with Uber and Tesla