The Whistleblower add-on for Red Barrels’ creepy-ass horror game Outlast is set to arrive for PC and PlayStation 4 on May 6 (May 7 for the PS4 release in Europe), the developer confirms on Twitter. Whistleblower was originally set to arrive this month, but there was apparently a need to hold off for an extra couple weeks. See this as a blessing in disguise, since the DLC will likely leave you with many sleepless nights.
Whistleblower serves as a prequel story, following Waylon Park as he discovers the various secrets and dark happenings at Mount Massive Asylum that lead him to tip off journalist and Outlast protagonist Miles Upshur. Expect the same blend of exploration and holy-crap-that-thing-is-chasing-me-and-I-need-to-hide gameplay as Park bears witness to the horrors locked away in the game’s creepy madhouse.
For more on Outlast, check out our review.
- 12 great old games coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2018
- ‘The Evil Within 2’ can now be played as a first-person survival horror game
- Stay inside and entertained with the best shows on Hulu
- Origin Millennium gaming desktop review
- Escape reality with the best augmented reality apps for Android and iOS