French website Gamer in a Box uncovered two box art images for Resident Evil: Revelations 2 being hosted on Xbox.com, which seems to reveal that Capcom plans to continue the offshoot survival horror saga that struggled to find traction on Nintendo 3DS, but gained some much deserved recognition in an HD remake for meatier platforms the following year.
The environmental shot (above) shows what appears to be a dilapidated prison block, which is as fitting a setting as any for a Resident Evil game. The box cover art, pictured below, uses the Japanese series name, BioHazard, and is reminiscent of the prior game’s 3DS box art. It even spells everything correctly!
IGN reached out to Capcom for confirmation, but a spokesman only confirmed that the publisher “has made no announcements.”
Many saw the original Revelations as a return to form for the Resident Evil series, which had grown extremely action-oriented. Revelations returned to the series roots of creeping horror and anxious exploration, broken into TV-style episodes to create digestible chunks for mobile play.
We will keep you posted as more information comes to light.
- Capcom Vancouver reportedly scales back next Dead Rising due to layoffs
- ‘Monster Hunter World’ is Capcom’s fastest-selling game of all time
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- ‘The Evil Within 2’ can now be played as a first-person survival horror game
- The 20 best PS4 games you can buy right now