Take-Two Interactive Software’s 2K Sports video game publishing label yesterday announced an agreement with International Sports Multimedia, the exclusive licensee of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for interactive entertainment software, to release Torino 2006 â€“ the Official Video Game of the XX Olympic Winter Games.
Torino 2006, which will be available in January for the PC, Playstation 2 and Xbox, features eight winter sports, 15 events, wintry landscapes and commentator analysis. The game will also offer a up to four player multiplayer mode which allows gamers to go either head to head or in turn based play.
“We are extremely excited about Torino 2006 – the Official Video Game of the XX Olympic Winter Games,â€ ,” said Matthias Wehner, Marketing Director of 2K Sports International. â€œThe partnership with ISM, who has many years of experience working on official games based on the Olympic Games, has uniquely provided the development team with insight to create a thrilling game.â€
- Digital Trends looks back on its favorite games of 2017
- Unlike real life, Russia retains its 2018 eligibility in ‘Steep: Road to the Olympics’
- What a good boy! These video games let you pet dogs — and other animals
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows
- How to spot good Black Friday video game deals