Check out our review of Titanfall.
Titans have fallen. Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall is officially here, and Microsoft chose Austin’s South By Southwest festival as the site of a high-profile launch party featuring celebrity guests (Donald Glover!)* and live musical performances (Childish Gambino!)*. Microsoft sent over some photos from the event to give non-attendees a peek at what kind of madness the mechtastic shooter inspired among SXSW attendees.
Yes, we know you’re probably spending most of your time today playing Titanfall. You’re home “sick” from work, no doubt. It’s okay. These photos will be here to keep you company when you take a much-needed break for Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew. Or steak and bourbon, if – like us – you prefer to game in style. You should also take a look at our first impressions of Titanfall; given the nature of the game’s multiplayer focus, we’ve opted to run a formal review later this week. Keep an eye out for plenty of complementary coverage between now and then though.
(Photos by Hal Horowitz/Invision for Microsoft/AP Images)
* Donald Glover and Childish Gambino are the same person
- Titanfall 2 still towers above gaming’s biggest shooters
- Titanfall 2 goes free-to-play this weekend as fans flock to 5-year-old shooter
- Rumored Apex Legends character may be a familiar face to Titanfall players
- ‘Titanfall: Frontline’ mobile spinoff canceled after extensive development
- Respawn is gracing Titanfall 2 with new maps, Pilot-only Live Fire mode