Valve has announced that it will play host to a new invitation-only conference called “Steam Dev Days,” to be held in early 2014. The event is specifically for industry professionals to “share design and industry expertise, participate in roundtable discussion, and attend lectures by industry veterans.”
Steam Dev Days will be held on January 14-16 in Seattle, Washington, and topics will include “game economies, virtual reality, Linux/OpenGL, user-generated content, and more.” The event will also give Valve a chance to seek feedback on the upcoming Steam OS, Steam controllers, and Steam Machines. Beyond that, more details are expected to follow in the coming weeks and months.
Registration costs $95, but in order to attend you’ll need to receive an invitation directly from Valve. A website is currently up and running, but at the moment it is still awaiting updates on things like featured speakers and session information.
- Here’s how to give a Steam game as a gift
- Turn your Raspberry Pi into a Steam streaming hub with Valve’s Steam Link app
- Valve responds after ‘Artifact’ slammed for taking microtransactions too far
- Apple will reportedly launch its new video-streaming service at March 25 event
- The best indie games for 2019