Activision and Sledgehammer Games have shared Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare‘s launch trailer a few weeks ahead of the November 4, 2014 release, giving an action-packed taste of the upcoming shooter’s story and gameplay.
Kevin Spacey takes center stage as private military contractor Jonathan Iron, introducing the video with a fourth wall-breaking “what you’re seeing is advanced warfare.” The game is set in a near future where the recent trend toward PMCs playing an increasing role in global conflict boils over into a dangerous destabilization of power.
The trailer shows off the exoskeletons, advanced sensors and other future tech that will infuse the tried-and-true Call of Duty combat with new tempo and verticality. What we’ve seen of the multiplayer points toward the dynamic, futuristic shooters we’ve seen in Titanfall and recent Halo iterations that give players customizable enhancements like superhuman leaps and temporary shields to spice up the running, gunning, and chest-high walls of contemporary-set modern shooters.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare comes out on PlayStation, Windows, and Xbox platforms on November 4, or November 3 if you pre-order.
Available at Amazon
- Call of Duty will reportedly continue in 2018 with ‘Black Ops 4’
- ‘Mega Man 11’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- Microsoft is setting the stage for Xbox Game Pass to thrive
- ‘Kerbal Space Program’ expansion lifts off March 13 on PC
- Get ‘Far Cry 3: Classic Edition’ for free with purchase of ‘Far Cry 5’ season pass