Trying to solve Wordle #420 for August 13, 2022, and need some help?
Today’s Wordle is a tough one!. We’ve got a few hints that will help you get the answer though.
Before you take a look at the hints below, check out our easy guide on playing Wordle for some tips and tricks for playing daily, including strategies and good starting words. And bookmark our Wordle hub so you can come back for more hints and answers.
More on Wordle
- Best tips, tricks, and starting words for Wordle
- The best games like Wordle
- Test your video game knowledge with these Wordle clones
How Wordle works
Wordle is a vocabulary game in which players get six tries to guess a five-letter word. Once you enter a guess, individual letters within the word you entered will appear in different colors. Each color has a different meaning.
- Green: The letter entered is 100% correct — the right letter in the right space.
- Yellow: The entered letter is in the correct word, but you’ve placed it in the wrong space.
- Gray: The entered letter is not used in the answer.
The goal is to guess the correct word in as few attempts as possible.
Hints for today’s Wordle
- Today’s Wordle ends in the letter Y.
- Today’s Wordle only uses one vowel.
- Today’s Wordle can mean “large, strong, and sexually attractive.”
What’s the answer to Wordle #420 on August 13?
Still having trouble? No worries — you can’t get them all! If you just want to see today’s Wordle answer to continue your streak, you can find it below.
The answer to today’s Wordle is …
- Wordle Today (#645): Wordle answer and hints for March 26
- Wordle Today (#626): Wordle answer and hints for March 7
- Wordle Today (#622): Wordle answer and hints for March 3
- Wordle’s wild year: New York Times breaks down the phenomenon’s big 2022
- Wordle today: Answer and hints for December 14 (#543)