The Voombox-Ongo may have an awkward name, but its design is all business. The speaker is super-rugged and splash resistant, so it can take a dive just in case you do. The built-in rechargeable battery is claimed to last 8 hours per charge, though that will vary with how loud you like to play your music while rock hopping. If you get a phone call while riding and actually want to take it, the speaker’s built-in microphone will allow for it.
Available colors include light blue, light green, red, orange and black.
At $70, the little 5.5-inch speaker looks like it could be a bargain. Of course, that will depend on how it sounds. With two 1.5-inch drivers and a sizable passive bass radiator, the speaker certainly looks like it’s got the guts to power your bike ride, but we’ll update this article once we’ve put our ears on it while out in the field … er, mountains.
- How to improve sound and voice recognition on your Google Home device
- Rain or shine, take your tunes outside with Focal’s new speaker line
- Take your vinyl on a high-tech spin with this 3D-printable record player
- Amazon Echo Plus (2nd gen) review
- Control your smart home from the shower with this splash-proof speaker