Polk and Definitive technology have been in the speaker-making game for decades. As both companies were launched in part by legendary speaker designer Sandy Gross, both have a storied lineage of producing outstanding, award-winning products. But when it comes to incorporating new technologies, sometimes seasoned speaker companies are slow to catch up. Fortunately for all of us, that’s not the case here.
It should come as no surprise that Polk and Def Tech decided to take on Sonos in the wireless mult-room audio space, but how they’ve gone about doing it is interesting indeed. Based on the Play-Fi wireless system, both brands’ speakers are capable of high-res audio up to 192kHz/24-bit. That means there’s no audio file they can’t handle.
While we weren’t able to get a close listen to Polk’s speakers, we did get some ears-on time with Definitive Technologies, and we can sum up the experience in one word: powerful.
Check out the video above for details on the complete lineup from both brands.
- How does it work? Everything you need to know about the Apple AirPlay 2
- Apple HomePod smart speaker is now available for pre-order
- Change the way you listen to the big game with these great soundbar deals
- Embrace the upsell! Your new TV deserves one of these killer sound systems
- Polk Audio’s Alexa-enabled soundbar could be your smart home centerpiece