Polk and Definitive technology have been in the speaker-making game for decades. As both companies were launched in part by legendary speaker designer Sandy Gross, both have a storied lineage of producing outstanding, award-winning products. But when it comes to incorporating new technologies, sometimes seasoned speaker companies are slow to catch up. Fortunately for all of us, that’s not the case here.
It should come as no surprise that Polk and Def Tech decided to take on Sonos in the wireless mult-room audio space, but how they’ve gone about doing it is interesting indeed. Based on the Play-Fi wireless system, both brands’ speakers are capable of high-res audio up to 192kHz/24-bit. That means there’s no audio file they can’t handle.
While we weren’t able to get a close listen to Polk’s speakers, we did get some ears-on time with Definitive Technologies, and we can sum up the experience in one word: powerful.
Check out the video above for details on the complete lineup from both brands.
- Best wireless speakers for 2023: Sonos, Apple, KEF, and more
- Definitive Technology’s new speakers bring the boom from another Dymension
- Hands-on with a WiSA wireless home theater system
- Sony’s first wireless speakers to support 360 Reality Audio start at $300
- Enclave Audio now makes the most powerful Roku TV wireless speakers