High-definition home theater projectors are more of a luxury than a necessity, but if opulence suits your needs then get excited for Runco’s new LightStyle series. Runco’s been leading the market for a while with its projection systems and video processors, and this week the company announced the release of its LightStyle series the LS-3, LS-5, and LS-7 compact HD projectors.
The LS-3 is the smallest of the three and comes with full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, 1000 ANSI and a 10000:1 contrast ratio. Runco’s LS-3 also has an extra long 4000 hour lamp life. This compact projector is priced at $4,995.
The LS-5 also offers 1080p resolution and features 1000 ANSI lumens, but it has a 15000:1 contrast ratio—the bigger the ratio, the more detail and darker black levels in the picture quality. The LS-5 is set to retail for $6995.
Lastly, the LS-7 comes with a lesser HD resolution (1280 x 720), but has an added brightness with 2000 ANSI lumens, so you don’t have to sit in complete darkness to enjoy your movie. The LS-7 has a 10000:1 contrast and is the most expensive of the three at $15495.
All three projectors share the same round design and black finish. The LS-3 and LS-5 will ship in November 2009, while the LS-7 will be available in December 2009. All Runco displays feature a two-year standard warranty.
- The best home theater projectors for 2019
- LG’s new projector uses two freakin’ laser beams for punchy color
- LG’s new Cinebeam laser projector creates a 90-inch screen from 2 inches away
- Is Hisense’s 100-inch, RGB three-laser TV the ultimate home theater centerpiece?
- Apple iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 7 Plus: Smartphone specs comparison