The latest device to pop up in this category is CliniCloud. In a nutshell, it’s basically a connected medical kit that allows you to perform your own basic checkups and even get live consultations from your doc when you need them.
The kit consists of two components: a digital stethoscope for capturing the sound of your lungs and heart and a contactless infrared thermometer. Both devices connect to CliniCloud’s accompanying smartphone app, which guides you through the check-up process with intuitive prompts and diagrams. These explain exactly where to place the stethoscope and thermometer, so you don’t need any prior medical knowledge to perform a check-up.
In addition to step-by-step guides, the app also tracks recorded health data over time to provide analytics and allows you to create multiple user profiles, so you can keep track of the entire family’s health stats. On top of that, CliniCloud has partnered with Doctor On Demand to give users the ability to video chat in real time with a licensed physician.
To help jumpstart production, CliniCloud has launched a crowdfunding campaign through Tilt, so you can currently pre-order the kit for a pledge of $109. If the campaign is a success, the company expects to ship the first units sometime in June. Until then, you’ll just have to visit your doctor the old-fashioned way.
- If you think you have the coronavirus, don’t go to the doctor. Call one
- In the future, A.I. medicine will let patients own their health data
- Still have money in your Flexible Spending Account? Head to the FSA online store
- ‘Uber Health’ lets doctors book patients’ rides to and from the clinic
- The latest in telemedicine comes in the form of MedicSpot, a doctor in a kiosk