That something ended up being the Tersa Steam, a wall-mounted steam cleaner that cleans clothes quickly, and leaves them smelling good. We wanted to keep it chemical-free,” Warden said, to avoid creating splotches on clothes. The Tersa uses a simple combination of water and hydrosols, which Warden describes as “runoff from the cologne and perfume manufacturing process.”
The hydrosols are contained in biodegradable pods. To clean a shirt, the user simply opens the Tersa and places it inside, inserts a pod, and then the steamer blasts the clothes with steam, killing bacteria, smoothing out wrinkles, and infusing the shirt with the smell of the pod. Finally, the Tersa dries things out. The cleaning cycle takes 10 minutes, perfect when you need a fresh shirt before work.
- You can now buy the $599 Opte to photoshop your skin in real life
- Cleanyst imagines a new mix-at-home paradigm for cleaning products
- The Tanita ES-100 will sniff your pits so that you don’t have to
- Seaside or pine forest? This alarm clock wakes you to the scent of your choice
- A lightweight sensor can help sniff out survivors in disaster zones