It’s obviously the must-have device of the moment. According to reports, Amazon has sold out of the first batch of its new Kindle DX e-book reader in just three days. The company is still taking orders and expects to ship more of the units tomorrow.
Amazon began taking orders for the DX on May 6, the day it introduced the device, and it’s now the second most popular piece of electronic gear on Amazon, after the Kindle itself.
The DX is the larger cousin of the Kindle, with a 9.7” display, as opposed to the 6” of the original, showing that size may well count. It’s selling for $498; the original Kindle is just $359.
- Amazon knocks $30 off its Paperwhite ebook reader in limited-time deal
- Take $30 off the all-new Kindle Paperwhite on Amazon for Valentine’s Day
- How to get EPUB books on your Kindle
- Tricks of the trade: How to get free stuff on Amazon
- Amazon has sweet Valentine’s Week deals on Echo, Ring, Fire, Fire TV, and Kindle