It’s obviously the must-have device of the moment. According to reports, Amazon has sold out of the first batch of its new Kindle DX e-book reader in just three days. The company is still taking orders and expects to ship more of the units tomorrow.
Amazon began taking orders for the DX on May 6, the day it introduced the device, and it’s now the second most popular piece of electronic gear on Amazon, after the Kindle itself.
The DX is the larger cousin of the Kindle, with a 9.7” display, as opposed to the 6” of the original, showing that size may well count. It’s selling for $498; the original Kindle is just $359.
- Amazon’s Kindle Oasis is now available for pre-order in ‘Champagne Gold’
- More MOBI, fewer problems: Here’s how to get EPUB books on your Kindle
- Tricks of the trade: How to get free stuff on Amazon
- 20 major Kindle Fire problems, and how to extinguish them
- Save big with the best Amazon Coupons available for March 2018