Iconic Italian fashion house Versace will introduce its first Versace branded mobile phone hardware in May. The Wall Street Journal reported today that Donatella Versace created this new mobile handset with French manufacterurs ModeLabs Group SA. Reports says the new Versace cell phone will retail for more than Christian Dior’s 2008 cell phone, which costs €3,500, or about $5,000.
“Before, brands couldn’t imagine that a luxury telephone was possible,” said ModeLabs Chief Executive Stéphane Bohbot. “Now, limited distribution and customized design have created a new interest for brands in telephones.”
The Milan-based fashion house says it will show off its luxury mobile device for the first time to select clients at a private showing during Paris Haute Couture week later this month. WSJ confirms that ModeLabs will be supplying operating system upgrades to customers of the luxury brand cell, so they don’t fall behind in these fast paced technical times.
- How to unlock a phone on each and every carrier
- Do we even need 5G at all?
- AT&T’s new 5G network could adopt tiered billing, including a gaming plan
- From the road to your wrist, see how Android has evolved over the past 10 years
- Dyne sits at the intersection of fashion and technology, creative director says