Iconic Italian fashion house Versace will introduce its first Versace branded mobile phone hardware in May. The Wall Street Journal reported today that Donatella Versace created this new mobile handset with French manufacterurs ModeLabs Group SA. Reports says the new Versace cell phone will retail for more than Christian Dior’s 2008 cell phone, which costs €3,500, or about $5,000.
“Before, brands couldn’t imagine that a luxury telephone was possible,” said ModeLabs Chief Executive Stéphane Bohbot. “Now, limited distribution and customized design have created a new interest for brands in telephones.”
The Milan-based fashion house says it will show off its luxury mobile device for the first time to select clients at a private showing during Paris Haute Couture week later this month. WSJ confirms that ModeLabs will be supplying operating system upgrades to customers of the luxury brand cell, so they don’t fall behind in these fast paced technical times.
- The inside story of TCL’s display-driven, slow-burn plan for phone supremacy
- Is cell phone radiation actually dangerous? We asked some experts
- How to unlock a phone on every carrier
- What is Wi-Fi 6? Here’s everything you need to know
- AT&T 5G rollout: Everything you need to know