Mullet-wearing—or mullet-aspiring—customers of Verizon Wireless may have received an early holiday present from their mobile phone operator today: a mobile version of Guitar Hero III is now available to Verizon Wireless customers.
The mobile version of the game is priced at $4.49 a month or $11.99 for unlimited use, and features 15 tracks from the Guitar Hero franchise, including “Suck My Kiss” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and “Rock You Like a Hurricane” by The Scorpions, with Verizon Wireless planning to add new songs to the Guitar Hero mobile repertoire every month. The game features four “authentic” guitars—we assume that means pictures of four authentic guitars—and players rock out by pressing phone keypad keys in sync with the colors notes that scroll by on the phone’s “fretboard” display.
So, when you see somebody driving down the freeway, not paying the slightest bit of attention to where they’re going, and banging their head on their steering wheel with a big smile on their face while staring lovingly into their mobile phone…well, now you know what they’re doing.
- Commune with nature in ‘Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp’ for mobile
- Don’t listen to the guy at the mall. How to pick the best smartphone data plan
- Which Verizon plan is best for you? We check out family, individual, and prepaid
- Vanquish lag for good with the best routers for gaming
- The 25 best love songs for your wooing pleasure