If you were forewarned and had a quick set of eyes, you might have been able to catch a glimpse of the promised Angry Birds secret level clue hidden in Fox’s commercial for the upcoming animated feature Rio. Players who successfully beat the secret level will be entered to win a trip to Rio de Janiero on March 22 to watch the premier of Rio.
If you didn’t catch the clue (or if you did, and couldn’t make sense of it), it’s OK, we’re here to help. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open up level 13-12 in the Ham ‘Em High episode (the one with the strawberries).
- Fire off the yellow bird (anywhere).
- Next, shoot the white bird backwards and drop an egg towards the back of the hill.
- If you hit the right spot, a golden egg will appear.
- Once you beat the level, the egg will display “Rio” signifying the “Super Bowl Level” has been unlocked.
Here’s a video walkthrough:
And here’s last night’s Rio commercial: