The fake campaign asks for $10 billion in an effort to “rebuild a news organization befitting this proud land. Or, more likely, we’d use it to make a lot more poop jokes.” Stewart even launched a website in support of the campaign. Rewards include the opportunity to appear in a CNN 21 box, 6 box, or a 2 box. In addition, if you lose your car keys for any reason, CNN would air 24-hour coverage of your hunt for them. Likely the most popular reward, though, will be a Hunger Games-stylized fight to the death involving CNN anchors.
Fox would have sold CNN in order to avoid potential antitrust issues, and while the bid was reportedly rejected, Murdoch apparently isn’t resting until he gets Time Warner Cable. Currently, Comcast is making a push to purchase the media conglomerate for $45 billion, though the deal has yet to be approved.
- No, ‘volcano selfies’ are not a good idea (especially during eruptions)
- Philo: Everything to know about the live TV streaming service
- Sling TV vs. YouTube TV: Which live TV streaming service is right for you?
- Intel gets sneaky with new 9th-gen desktop CPUs without dedicated graphics
- New X-Men: Dark Phoenix trailer delivers big action and a huge spoiler