The Apple Watch is already gearing up to be the traveler’s best friend, as airlines, hotels, and other travel-related businesses are preparing their iOS apps to work with Apple’s new wearable. LoungeBuddy, an airport lounge listing app, and Booking Now, the spontaneous hotel booking app from Booking.com, announced support for the Apple Watch ahead of its ship date. Both apps will be available for download on April 24.
With the LoungeBuddy app, users can view and book airport lounges on the Apple Watch. Each lounge in LoungeBuddy’s database (and it’s extensive) is shown with details (amenities, location, pricing, etc.), and you can purchase passes to those that offer them. The app also supports the Apple Pay system.
Booking Now isn’t the first hotel booking app for the Apple Watch, but it’s the first that deals with last-minute lodging. Like its iPhone counterpart, you can choose a hotel based on the location you’re at. The app lists properties (one at a time) based on your preferences and any previous booking habits. Once a room is booked, the app displays turn-by-turn navigation for getting to the hotel. Users can also rate the hotel experience.
- The world can be your oyster with a little help from the 21 best travel apps
- 22 last-minute gifts for last-minute travelers (or maybe for your wishlist)
- From reading more to eating less, there’s an app to help with every resolution
- If you’re looking for a good laugh, here are 39 questions to ask Siri
- Keep your ear to the streets with the best police scanner apps