You may not judge your Tinder matches by much more than their looks, but this election season, the popular dating app is hoping to help you make a bit more substantive decision. With just days left before the United States chooses its next president, Tinder has partnered with Rock the Vote to Swipe the Vote. And now, the results are in from around the world, and the choice is clear — the Tinderverse is #WithHer.
Over the last week, folks in the U.S., Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Russia, Spain, or the U.K., were able to swipe left or right on some of the most crucial issues at stake in the upcoming presidential election. From immigration to climate change, health care to education, users had the chance to determine whether their policy stance put them with Hillary Clinton or on the #TrumpTrain.
As Tinder explained on its blog post, “When you see the ‘Swipe the Vote’ card, simply tap on the card and swipe in the direction of the choice you agree with. To learn more about the issue, just tap the card before you swipe.” To make things a bit more interesting, users were asked beforehand who they planned on voting for, just to see how consistent their policy positions are with their presidential choice.
- Black Lives Matter and MAGA hats: Activism and politics are flooding dating apps
- Trump campaign used Cambridge Analytica data to suppress Black vote, leak shows
- What the biggest tech companies are doing to make the 2020 election more secure
- Facebook says it has helped 2.5 million people register to vote
- Lyft, Uber to offer discounted rides to the polls on election day