When it comes to the tech you carry every day, such as phones, tablets, and smartwatches, no show looms larger than Mobile World Congress. Tech giants like Samsung, LG, and Sony descend on Barcelona every March to show off their hottest new toys. And if you’re in the market, you’ll find new products that make the gear introduced just months ago look ancient. This year was no exception. A spate of powerful new smartphones, super-thin tablets, and swanky smartwatches you’ll finally want to wear has made it one of the most exciting shows in recent memory.
With the first day of the show now over, Digital Trends’ crack team of editors have handpicked nominees for The Top Tech of MWC in five key categories: mobile, wearables, cool tech, apps, and accessories. You’ll find them all listed below, along with links to where you can find out more about each nominee.
Make sure to check back Wednesday, when we announce the winner in each category, plus our overall Best of MWC award winner. It may even be a device the world has yet to see …
Phones and tablets
EyePrint ID on the ZTE Grand S3
Immersion Haptic Technology
Metaio Augmented Reality
Kristall Liquid Screen Protector
- This tiny sensor is about to change your phone camera forever
- Samsung Galaxy S23: release date, specs, price, rumors, and news
- This is the OnePlus Pad — the OnePlus tablet we’ve waited years for
- Trading in your iPhone with Apple? You’ll get less than yesterday
- This Apple leaker just revealed tons of changes for iOS 17 and iPhone 15