Casting continues on the rapidly expanding superhero universe for Warner Bros. Pictures, and now the Aquaman movie has reportedly landed a familiar face in an important role.
Deadline reports that Wilson was cast by the studio and Aquaman director James Wan in the role, although nothing has been officially confirmed at this point.
In the DC Comics universe, Orm is Aquaman’s rival for the throne of Atlantis and frequently plots to remove the superhero from power and rule the undersea kingdom himself. He has powerful magical abilities that he often uses a deadly trident to channel.
If the casting report proves true, Wilson will join previously cast star Momoa, as well as Amber Heard as the Queen of Atlantis, Mera; and Willem Dafoe as Aquaman’s adviser, Vulko.
Wilson has some history with DC Comics characters, having played the vigilante Nite Owl in 2009’s R-rated adaptation of the acclaimed Watchmen series. He also voiced the president of the United States in this year’s controversial superhero brawl-fest Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is set in the same universe as Aquaman but isn’t likely to forge any connection between the roles played by Wilson.
Directed by Wan from a script penned by Will Beall (Gangster Squad), Aquaman hits theaters October 5, 2018.
- ‘Aquaman’ movie: Everything we know about it so far
- ‘Aquaman’ review: Jason Momoa delivers a film fit for the King of the Seven Seas
- ‘The Batman’ might begin filming in the fall — minus Ben Affleck, report says
- The best shows on Amazon Prime right now (January 2019)
- Joaquin Phoenix’s ‘Joker’ movie: Here’s everything we know so far