The trailer kicks off in Jacksonville, Florida, where Ash is enjoying retired life after accepting a peace agreement in the season 1 finale. There are kegs and co-eds galore, but his carefree lifestyle quickly takes a literal dark turn. Annoyed and ready to end things once and for all, he decides to return to his hometown of Elk Grove, Michigan, to take on the evil spirits.
Joined by his usual sidekicks, Kelly (Dana DeLorenzo) and Pablo (Ray Santiago), Ash arrives in Michigan to confront Ruby (Lucy Lawless), who possesses the Book of the Dead. There, the gloves are off — or rather, the weapons are out.
“We gave peace a chance; now it’s time for war,” Ash announces.
The trailer becomes pretty brutal, especially as it nears the 2-minute mark. Limbs go flying, Ash uses his chainsaw for a beheading, and blood covers pretty much everyone and everything. Fans will likely agree with Kelly’s assessment of the situation, though: “That is horrible … and also awesome.”
A continuation of the Evil Dead films, set 30 years later, the series comes from creator Sam Raimi, who serves as executive producer. Campbell, Craig DiGregorio, and Robert Tapert also executive produce. The upcoming season will consist of 10 episodes and bring in new characters: Ted Raimi will play Ash’s childhood friend Chet, and Lee Majors joins as Ash’s father.
Ash vs Evil Dead premieres on Starz in October.
- The Walking Dead season 11, part 2 trailer aims to remake the world
- Rick’s back and ready to rumble in season 7 back-half trailer for ‘The Walking Dead’
- Everyone is after Pablo Escobar in Netflix's new 'Narcos' season 2 trailer
- First teaser for ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ season 2 promises gore galore
- The revolution continues in an intense new ‘Mr. Robot’ season 2 trailer